Tips to Get Your Real Estate Ready for Sale
If you are preparing on selling property in West Los Angeles CA, West Los Angeles Realty in California can assist you in many ways, making the process as easy as possible for the seller.
Let West Los Angeles Realty show you how your West Los Angeles California home and CA real estate can make a great first impression to real estate and home buyers making selling easy.
We can help by pointing out simple, cost-effective changes you can make to ensure your real estate and home sells and selling presents optimally to real estate and home buyers.
There are key things to remember when selling your home/property as a seller in West Los Angeles California:
- People understand that you live in your West Los Angeles CA home or homes, but they do not want a "Lived in" look. They are shopping for a dream home for sale in West Los Angeles California.
- Most people mentally "move in" to the West Los Angeles California home for sale with their own furniture, so removing some of your furniture from the West Los Angeles California home will give them open space to let their imaginations soar for how they want their new home in West Los Angeles California to look and feel.
- Make sure all basic maintenance is up to date. West Los Angeles California real estate and home buyers who see a well maintained property for sale in West Los Angeles California are more likely to form favorable first impressions of the West Los Angeles California home for sale.
Now let's go into some detail.
The Property Exterior
Curb appeal is the most important "first impression" for selling your property.. Drive up to your home and note things that could be done to make your home look more appealing to the eye of West Los Angeles California real estate and home buyers to sell it. Consider the landscaping look as well as the lawn and garden maintenance of the West Los Angeles CA home as a selling point. Could the appeal of the home for sale in West Los Angeles California be increased by planting colorful flowers? Consider the condition of the paint on the home and around the window trim and evaluate the condition of the driveway. Remove all the "clutter" from the home.
You'll be doing it anyway, so do it before West Los Angeles California real estate and West Los Angeles California home buyers start visiting the home for sale that you are selling. The same thing applies to any of the attics, extra bedrooms, storage closets, etc of the real estate and home for sale in West Los Angeles California.
The Home Interior
Real estate and home buyers in West Los Angeles CA are aware that they are not buying a new home but making them feel that the home for sale is "almost new" is very important in selling as a seller.
- Walls - remove peeling wallpaper, patch holes and paint, paint, paint.
- Floors - Professionally clean all the carpets unless they're too damaged. In that case, replacing the carpet with new basic carpet will give that "new, cared for look" that will help with the sale of the West Los Angeles California property, West Los Angeles California real estate, and West Los Angeles California home.
- Refinish or polish all stone and hardwood floors in the home for sale.
Doors and Windows
Doors and Windows should function correctly in the home for sale. Get a handyman to make repairs, if needed in order to sell your home.
Place coverings over worn furniture. It is best to keep the amount of furniture in any room to a minimum as it makes the room appear smaller in the home. Clean off coffee and end tables from your living room and start packing some of your pictures and personal items. In the kitchen, start packing many of the items you rarely use in the home. Make the kitchen and bathrooms shine to make selling easy.
Start getting rid of any pet odors from the West Los Angeles California home for sale as soon as possible. Air your home out and make use of air fresheners, etc. Keep your pet's eating area clean.
These are just some of the property preparation tips to help in selling your home and sellers of real estate in West Los Angeles California.